Master of the Supreme Court

From Lawiki - The law notes repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lawiki for and by law students - find us on Facebook if you want to help us edit this Law Wiki.

Not professional advice - LAWIKI cannot guarantee the validity of any information

The Masters of the Supreme Court deal with interlocutory matters (see: Interlocutory) in the Chancery and Queen's Bench Divisions of the High Court (see: Court system of England). Masters of the Queen's Bench division are typically barristers, while those of the Chancery Division are usually solicitors. In both cases, they must be lawyers of at least 10 years' service. There are also 'Taxing Masters' who deal with issues relating to the charging and collection of Court costs.